Driver’s Testing Activity
Conn Barracks, Bldg. 36
DSN: 353-8761 / 8662 / 8658
CIV: 09721-96-8761 / 8662 / 8658
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. / 12:30 - 4 p.m.
Closed: German and American holidays
USAREUR Driver's License
For all incoming personnel and dependents, a passing grade on the driver's test is required before applying for the USAREUR driver's license necessary to operate a motor vehicle on- or off-post. Since most of the German and European traffic patterns, speeds, signs and laws are different than those in the United States, it requires study to pass the rigorous test.
- USAREUR Driver Training Program - includes an electronic copy of the manual used to study for the driver's training test, the official Driving in Europe video, and a printable guide for european road signs.
How to test and obtain your license
- Study using the resources at the USAREUR Driver Training Program website.
- Complete AE Form 190-1T.
- Present their application, a valid country or state license, and identification card to the servicing driver testing station. Must have a valid drivers license for a designated vehicle class issued by German civil authorities or by the civil authorities of a state or territory of the United States.
- Complete the Driving in Europe orientation at the Schweinfurt Driver's Testing Facility. Orientation is held Mon. - Wed., 9 a.m. - noon.
- Pass the written test held at the Schweinfurt Driver's Testing Facility. Testing is held Mon. - Wed., 1 p.m.
- Pass the visual-acuity test.
- Pay the applicable fee by check or money order.