School Liaison Services (SLO)
Ledward Barracks, Bldg. 206, first floor
Hours: Monday - Friday
8am to 5 pm
Closed American holidays
School Liaison: E-mail
The Schweinfurt Elementary Middle School consists of grades K-8 and is located on Askren Manor, Bldg. 505, across from the commissary — a 10 minute walk from Ledward Barracks.
DoDDS Europe to open new high school in Schweinfurt community for school year 2011-12. The new school will utilize what is now Schweinfurt Middle School.
Useful Forms & Documents
Student Health History DSPA FORM 120.1
Resources for/about Military Children and Teens - a list of book, website and video resources to help children cope with military life and deployment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is my child eligible for USDA free and reduced meals (school lunches)?
A: Income eligibility is determined using the income eligibility for the state of Alaska and DoDI 1015.5. Please complete your application and submit it with recent proof of income to the CYS Services Parent Central Services office adjacent to the JFK Youth Center.
Q: May my homeschool child participate in DoDDS school wide testing such as the Terra Nova?
A: Yes, if your child is eligible to attend DoDDS, you may participate in system-wide administered DoDDS tests.
Q: What do I need to register my child for school?
A: The process is different for new students and returning students.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION:
1. Log on to: https://www.registration.eu.dodea.edu/
2. Create an account and register your children.
3. Next, bring the following supporting documents to the school:
- Orders that brought yourself and family to Schweinfurt
- Passport or birth certificates for students in Pre-K, kindergarten, and 1st grade
- Complete immunization record
RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION:
1. DO NOT do the on-line registration
2. Students must register at the individual schools.
3. Bring the following documents:
- Proof of any update to the shot records
- If outside DEROS proof of DEROS extension
Q: What resources are available for my child as a college-bound high school student?
A: High school students planning to attend college can use the following resources:
- 2011 Military Children’s Scholarship Handbook
- Applying to College: A Guide for Students - a printable guide and workbook written specifically for students to help them make informed choices about higher education.
- DoDEA "Planning for College" guide - excellent primer on developing a college preparation plan.
- DoDDS Europe "Bridge to Education" resources - a comprehensive list of links providing guidance on financial aid and scholarships, standardized testing preparation, college exploration, career planning and general information about pursuing a college education.
Q: What can I do if I suspect my child needs additional help?
A: Child Find is a program that identifies children who may have a developmental delay in communication, motor, adaptive, social or cognitive skills. Screenings are conducted the preschool teacher, an occupational therapist and a speech language pathologist. Screenings are held monthly and are free of charge. Call the Schweinfurt Elementary School office at 09721-81893 if you’d like to schedule a child find screening for your child.